- Violent Nighton December 2, 2022 at 8:00 AM
When a team of mercenaries breaks into a wealthy family compound on Christmas Eve, taking everyone inside hostage, the team isn’t prepared for a surprise combatant: Santa Claus (David Harbour) is on the grounds, and he’s about to show why this Nick is no saint.Rated: RRelease Date: Dec 02, 2022
- Emancipationon December 2, 2022 at 8:00 AM
Peter (Will Smith) escapes from slavery, relying on his wits and unwavering faith to evade cold-blooded hunters and the unforgiving swamps of Louisiana on his quest to reunite with his family. The film is inspired by the 1863 photos of “Whipped Peter,” taken during a Union Army medical examination, that first appeared in Harper’s Weekly. One image, known as “The Scourged Back,” which shows Peter’s bare back mutilated by a whipping delivered by his enslavers, ultimately contributed to growing public opposition to slavery.Release Date: Dec 02, 2022
- Tanturaon December 2, 2022 at 8:00 AM
The tape-recorded words “erase it” take on new weight in the context of history and war. When the State of Israel was established in 1948, war broke out and hundreds of Palestinian villages were depopulated in its aftermath. Israelis know this as the War of Independence. Palestinians call it “Al Nakba” (the Catastrophe). In the late 1990s, graduate student Teddy Katz conducted research into a large-scale massacre that had allegedly occurred in the village of Tantura in 1948. His work later came under attack and his reputation was ruined, but 140 hours of audio testimonies remain. Director Alon Schwarz revisits former Israeli soldiers of the Alexandroni Brigade as well as Palestinian residents in an effort to re-examine what happened in Tantura and explore why the Nakba is taboo in Israeli society. The ex-soldiers, now in their 90s, recall unsettling acts of war while disquietly pausing at points they either don’t remember or won’t speak of. Audio from Katz’s 20-year-old interviews cuts through the silence of self-preservation and exposes the ways in which power, silencing, and protected narratives can sculpt history.Rated: Not RatedRelease Date: Dec 02, 2022
- Return to Seoulon December 2, 2022 at 8:00 AM
After an impulsive travel decision to visit friends, Freddie, 25, returns to South Korea for the first time, where she was born before being adopted and raised in France. Freddie suddenly finds herself embarking on (an unexpected) journey in a country she knows so little about, taking her life in new and unexpected directions.Rated: Not RatedRelease Date: Dec 02, 2022
- Four Samosason December 2, 2022 at 8:00 AM
When a wanna-be rapper learns his ex is engaged to marry his smarmy rival, he and three other misfit dreamers plan a heist to steal her wedding diamonds and win her back in this feel-good family caper.Rated: PG-13Release Date: Dec 02, 2022
- Feed has no items.
- She Saidby Jocelyn DeVore on November 18, 2022 at 12:00 AM
Two journalists try to piece together the truth about the sexual harassment allegations against Hollywood heavyweight Harvey Weinstein. Yet they face the obstacle of no female survivors of the incidents seem to want to go on the record to corroborate their story.
- The Fabelmansby Nicole Dominguez on November 18, 2022 at 12:00 AM
Inspired by his childhood, Steven Spielberg’s drama follows Sammy Fabelman on a journey of self-discovery. At the age of seven, Sammy lives a seemingly simple life with his parents. After finding out an unsettling family secret, Sammy falls in love with cinema and its power to tell stories.
- Black Panther: Wakanda Foreverby Steven Earl Yoder on November 11, 2022 at 12:00 AM
On the heels of the unexpected loss of King T'Challa, the futuristic, sophisticated nation of Wakanda finds itself at a crossroads in its fate. The surrounding powers of the world look on with greedy eyes, eager to encroach upon Wakanda in its most vulnerable state. All the while, its people remain steadfast, determined to protect their king's legacy and fight for their future.
- One Piece Film: Redby Brent Guffy on November 7, 2022 at 12:00 AM
A noteworthy singer-songwriter with a hidden identity finally reveals herself to the world, but This excitement quickly turns to shock when they reveal that she is related to a very important person.
- Prey for the Devilby Jocelyn DeVore on October 28, 2022 at 12:00 AM
When one of her mentors notices that she may have what it takes to help performing exorcisms, Sister Ann is allowed as an observer at first. But her gift will eventually be tested when she encounters dark forces that have ties to her life in the past.
- White Noiseby Hannah Strong on December 1, 2022 at 9:00 AM
Adam Driver and Greta Gerwig reunite as a couple grappling with their fear of death in Noah Baumbach’s adaptation of Don DeLillo’s novel. The post White Noise appeared first on Little White Lies.
- Tori and Lokitaby Phil Concannon on December 1, 2022 at 9:00 AM
The Dardenne brothers return with a harrowing story of human trafficking in Belgium, centring on two young migrants. The post Tori and Lokita appeared first on Little White Lies.
- Lynch/Ozby Marina Ashioti on November 30, 2022 at 12:04 PM
Alexandre O Philippe traces the connection between David Lynch and Victor Fleming's The Wizard of Oz. The post Lynch/Oz appeared first on Little White Lies.
- Tsai Ming-Liang and Lee Kang-Sheng on a joint career in filmmakingby Alicia Haddick on November 30, 2022 at 11:47 AM
The Taiwanese master filmmaker and his muse discuss their long-standing artistic partnership. The post Tsai Ming-Liang and Lee Kang-Sheng on a joint career in filmmaking appeared first on Little White Lies.
- Different Class: the decline of British blue collar stories on screenby Sam Davies on November 30, 2022 at 11:00 AM
25 years since Nil By Mouth first hit screens, Gary Oldman’s film has become a relic of a time when working-class stories were major cinematic events. What happened? The post Different Class: the decline of British blue collar stories on screen appeared first on Little White Lies.
- NPAW: World Cup Delivers “Big Surge” for Streaming Servicesby Kristin Brzoznowski on December 1, 2022 at 3:34 PM
Despite a somewhat slow start in terms of viewership numbers compared with the previous World Cup, Qatar 2022 has brought about a spike in usage for providers with streaming rights, according to NPAW. The post NPAW: World Cup Delivers “Big Surge” for Streaming Services appeared first on WORLD SCREEN.
- Screening Rooms for ATF Now Availableby World Screen on December 1, 2022 at 3:04 PM
Watch clips and access detailed information on new shows by visiting our video portal’s dedicated Screening Rooms for ATF. The post Screening Rooms for ATF Now Available appeared first on WORLD SCREEN.
- ATF Spotlight: Fremantleby World Screen on December 1, 2022 at 2:15 PM
On offer from Fremantle, the game show Password pairs celebrities and members of the public to attempt to convey mystery words to each other. The post ATF Spotlight: Fremantle appeared first on WORLD SCREEN.
- MIPCOM Video Highlight: Tubi’s Adam Lewinsonby World Screen on December 1, 2022 at 1:50 PM
Adam Lewinson, chief content officer at Tubi and the recipient of this year’s World Screen Trendsetter Award in partnership with RX France, discussed the AVOD platform’s gains and programming remit with Anna Carugati in the Grand Auditorium at MIPCOM. The post MIPCOM Video Highlight: Tubi’s Adam Lewinson appeared first on WORLD SCREEN.
- Rola Bauer, Lindsay Sloane Take on New Roles in MGM Restructuringby Kristin Brzoznowski on November 30, 2022 at 3:25 PM
Amazon Studios has restructured operations within MGM, with new roles for Rola Bauer and Lindsay Sloane. The post Rola Bauer, Lindsay Sloane Take on New Roles in MGM Restructuring appeared first on WORLD SCREEN.
- ‘Amigo’ Review: Held Hostage at Home for the Holidaysby Dharv2014 on December 2, 2022 at 7:28 AM
The Unhappy Holiday Movie has become almost a genre unto itself, this year’s new additions running a now-familiar gamut from the sour seasonal rebound rom-com to wreathed-in-gore Yuletide horrors (including this weekend’s “Violent Night” and “Christmas Bloody Christmas”). No matter how dyspeptic in spirit, all tend to hang onto a certain cuteness, reassuring viewers they
- Middle East Exhibitor Vox Cinemas Ramps Up Investment in Arab Production, Unveils Slate at Red Sea Film Festivalby Nvivarelli on December 2, 2022 at 6:00 AM
Top Middle East exhibitor Vox Cinemas, which is also active in distribution and production, is ramping up its investment in producing Arabic feature films and unveiling its first full-fledged slate of local original movies at Saudi Arabia’s Red Sea Film Festival. Vox’s Arabic line-up caters to local market demands by providing commercially viable works in
- Documentary on ‘Parasite’ Director Bong Joon Ho in Production for Netflixby Patrick Frater on December 2, 2022 at 2:35 AM
A documentary about Oscar-winning Korean film director Bong Joon Ho is underway and will launch on Netflix next year. Titled “Yellow Door: Looking for Director Bong’s Unreleased Short Film,” the doc is being directed by Lee Hyuk-rae and produced through Broccoli Pictures. The film will trace the quest for Bong’s unreleased first short film “Looking
- Will Smith Walks First Red Carpet Post-Oscars, Says ‘Emancipation’ Unlocked ‘Empathy and Gratitude That I Get to Live in This Time’by EJ Panaligan on December 2, 2022 at 1:44 AM
Will Smith’s press tour for “Emancipation” continued on Wednesday night as the actor made his first red carpet appearance following the 2022 Oscars. Smith arrived at the Regency Village Theatre in Westwood with his family — wife Jada Pinkett Smith and children Trey, Willow and Jaden — by his side. As photographers called for him
- Harvey Weinstein’s Defense Lawyer Urges Jury to Acquit: ‘Regret Is Not the Same as Rape’by Elizabeth Wagmeister on December 2, 2022 at 12:58 AM
Harvey Weinstein’s defense urged a jury on Thursday to acquit the former Hollywood titan of rape and sexual assault, arguing that all four accusers were untruthful. Alan Jackson, one of Weinstein’s attorneys, argued that two of the women were simply “making it up,” and that the other two engaged in “transactional sex” because they wanted
- Oliver Stone says Saudi Arabia “much misunderstood” at Red Sea Film Festival openingon December 1, 2022 at 11:57 PM
Shekar Kapur says “winds need to change” in international film industry cultural dynamics.
- Female director tops Sight & Sound’s 'Greatest Film' poll for the first timeon December 1, 2022 at 7:08 PM
Chantal Akerman’s ’Jeanne Dielman 23, Quai Du Commerce, 1080 Bruxelles’ previously sat at number 36 on the poll
- Screen Scotland purchases the rights to Edinburgh International Film Festivalon December 1, 2022 at 2:23 PM
Kristy Matheson, creative director of the 2022 edition, is leading an appraisal of the viability of a 2023 festival.
- Fifth Indiana Jones film gets title; trailer, first images of “de-aged” Harrison Ford revealedon December 1, 2022 at 12:30 PM
Tentpole will open on June 30, 2023. James Mangold directs, Steven Spielberg, George Lucas are EP’s.
- ‘The Beasts’, ‘Prison 77’ lead Goya nominationson December 1, 2022 at 11:26 AM
Rodrigo Sorogoyen’s ’The Beasts’ has 17 nominations.
- Feed has no items.