- Menon May 20, 2022 at 7:00 AM
In the aftermath of a personal tragedy, Harper (Jessie Buckley) retreats alone to the beautiful English countryside, hoping to have found a place to heal. But someone or something from the surrounding woods appears to be stalking her. What begins as simmering dread becomes a fully-formed nightmare, inhabited by her darkest memories and fears.Rated: RRelease Date: May 20, 2022
- Hold Your Fireon May 20, 2022 at 7:00 AM
Brooklyn, 1973. When Shu’aib Raheem tried to steal guns for self-defense, it sparked the longest hostage siege in NYPD history. NYPD psychologist Harvey Schlossberg fought to reform police use of violence and save lives by using words, not guns.Rated: NRRelease Date: May 20, 2022
- Downton Abbey: A New Eraon May 20, 2022 at 7:00 AM
From award-winning creator Julian Fellowes comes the motion picture event Downton Abbey: A New Era. The much-anticipated cinematic return of the global phenomenon reunites the beloved cast as they go on a grand journey to the South of France to uncover the mystery of the Dowager Countess’ newly inherited villa. Release Date: May 20, 2022
- Deceptionon May 20, 2022 at 7:00 AM
An American novelist living for a time in London converses with his wife, his mistress, and other female characters he may have dreamed up.Rated: Not RatedRelease Date: May 20, 2022
- On the Count of Threeon May 13, 2022 at 7:00 AM
Val (Jerrod Carmichael) has reached a place where he feels the only way out is to end things. But he considers himself a bit of a failure—his effectiveness lacking—so he figures he could use some help. As luck would have it, Val’s best friend, Kevin (Christopher Abbott), is recovering from a failed suicide attempt, so he seems like the perfect partner for executing this double suicide plan. But before they go, they have some unfinished business to attend to. [Sundance]Rated: Not RatedRelease Date: May 13, 2022
- Feed has no items.
- Firestarterby Steven Earl Yoder on May 13, 2022 at 12:00 AM
This science-fiction horror reboot stars Zac Efron as Andy, a loving and caring father guiding his young daughter Charlie (Ryan Kiera Armstrong) to control and subdue her psychic ability known as pyrokinesis, wherein she can evoke and start real-life fires through her mind.
- Doctor Strange in the Multiverse of Madnessby Steven Earl Yoder on May 6, 2022 at 12:00 AM
Dr. Strange (Benedict Cumberbatch) returns to unravel the mysteries and properties bound to the Time Stone. Strange conducts a series of experiments on the unusual artifact in an effort to learn the intricacies of time itself.
- Memoryby Jocelyn DeVore on April 29, 2022 at 12:00 AM
After refusing to follow through with a horrific hit for a sinister crime syndicate, hired gun Alex Lewis (Liam Neeson) quickly becomes the organization's newest target. Faced with death at every turn, Lewis must stay one step ahead of his assassins or meet the same fate as his previous victims.
- The Unbearable Weight of Massive Talentby Jocelyn DeVore on April 21, 2022 at 12:00 AM
Actor Nicolas Cage stumbles upon the ideal scheme to earn quick cash when an eccentric billionaire and longtime Cage admirer invites him to make a paid appearance at his upcoming birthday party. Yet unbeknownst to his fan and secret drug runner, Cage doubles as a CIA informant intent on taking down the kingpin's smuggling operation.
- The Northmanby Travis Norris on April 21, 2022 at 12:00 AM
In the tenth century, heir to the Icelandic Viking throne Amleth embarks on a bloodlust-fueled quest to track down and slay his treacherous uncle Fjölnir after his uncle's betrayal years prior, which left Amleth's beloved father murdered.
- Top Gun: Maverickby Jake Cunningham on May 16, 2022 at 5:16 PM
Tom Cruise smashes the sound barrier once again in this thrilling belated sequel to the beloved ’80s classic. The post Top Gun: Maverick appeared first on Little White Lies.
- Benedictionby Adam Woodward on May 16, 2022 at 2:17 PM
Terence Davies explores the tragic and complex life of World War I poet Siegfried Sassoon in this elegantly moving biopic. The post Benediction appeared first on Little White Lies.
- Quiet defiance in JE Tiglao’s Metamorphosisby Jason Tan Liwag on May 16, 2022 at 9:00 AM
This landmark film receives its UK premiere at Queer East Film Festival, but its journey has been a tumultuous one. The post Quiet defiance in JE Tiglao’s Metamorphosis appeared first on Little White Lies.
- Why I love the DIY filmmaking of Onceby Natalie Marlin on May 14, 2022 at 9:00 AM
John Carney’s microbudget musical proves that talent and creativity can result in an extraordinary cinematic experience. The post Why I love the DIY filmmaking of Once appeared first on Little White Lies.
- Creative polymath and paper magician Lobulo on the art of making mistakesby LWLies on May 13, 2022 at 12:11 PM
In partnership with Adobe. The post Creative polymath and paper magician Lobulo on the art of making mistakes appeared first on Little White Lies.
- Onyx Collective Orders Comedy Series with Kerry Washingtonby Jamie Stalcup on May 16, 2022 at 2:53 PM
Disney’s Onyx Collective has picked up Unprisoned as its first scripted comedy, starring and executive produced by Kerry Washington (Little Fires Everywhere, Scandal). The post Onyx Collective Orders Comedy Series with Kerry Washington appeared first on WORLD SCREEN.
- Cineflix Rights Signs Deals from Movie Slateby Kristin Brzoznowski on May 16, 2022 at 2:06 PM
Cineflix Rights has secured a round of international sales for titles from its slate of Cineflix Productions movies, including Miracle in Motor City. The post Cineflix Rights Signs Deals from Movie Slate appeared first on WORLD SCREEN.
- Paramount Global Names International Streaming Leadershipby Mansha Daswani on May 16, 2022 at 2:06 PM
Marco Nobili has been tapped to lead Paramount+'s international operations, with Olivier Jollet set to oversee Pluto TV's services outside of the U.S. The post Paramount Global Names International Streaming Leadership appeared first on WORLD SCREEN.
- Global SVOD Subs to Hit 1.7 Billion in 2027by Mansha Daswani on May 16, 2022 at 1:45 PM
The number of SVOD subscriptions globally is expected to hit 1.69 billion in 2027, per new Digital TV Research data. The post Global SVOD Subs to Hit 1.7 Billion in 2027 appeared first on WORLD SCREEN.
- Peacock Orders New Jason Woliner Projectby Chelsea Regan on May 13, 2022 at 3:10 PM
Peacock has given a straight-to-series order to a yet-to-be-titled project from director and executive producer Jason Woliner. The post Peacock Orders New Jason Woliner Project appeared first on WORLD SCREEN.
- Warren Buffett’s Berkshire Hathaway Acquires Small Stake in Paramount Globalby J. Kim Murphy on May 17, 2022 at 2:08 AM
Warren Buffett’s Berkshire Hathaway invested about $2.6 billion in Paramount Global during the first quarter of 2022, according to a Securites and Exchange Commission filing that disclosed the quarterly stock trading activity of his Berkshire Hathaway holding company. The 91-year-old Buffett, who serves as the owner and CEO of Berkshire Hathaway, has garnered the reputation
- Exposure: May 2022 Party Picsby marcmalkin on May 17, 2022 at 1:04 AM
Click through the gallery to see the hottest party pics from Hollywood and beyond.
- Ron Howard’s ‘Thirteen Lives’ Moves to August, Pivots to Hybrid Release via MGM and Amazon (EXCLUSIVE)by Angelique Jackson on May 17, 2022 at 12:09 AM
Ron Howard’s ripped-from-the-headlines drama “Thirteen Lives” has moved to August, with the film launching globally on Amazon’s Prime Video shortly after a limited theatrical release. Produced and directed by Ron Howard, the film follows the 2018 rescue mission of a Thai soccer team and their coach who were trapped in a system of flooding underground
- Pioneering Director Deepa Mehta Reflects on Her Immigrant Experience: ‘Where Did You Learn Such Good English?by Shalini Dore on May 16, 2022 at 11:00 PM
Toronto-based filmmaker Deepa Mehta has been making films since the 1970s, including the Oscar-nominated “Water,” part of her elements trilogy; “Bollywood/Hollywood” and “Funny Boy.” Her TV credits include “Yellowjackets,” “Little America” and “Leila.” As an immigrant to Canada from India, I felt “seen” twice in my life. And both those moments, ironically, were diametrically antithetical
- Johnny Depp’s Lawyer to Amber Heard: ‘Mr. Depp Is Your Victim, Isn’t He?’by gmaddaus on May 16, 2022 at 10:19 PM
Johnny Depp’s lawyer began her cross-examination of Amber Heard on Monday afternoon, seeking to undercut Heard’s claim that Depp physically assaulted her numerous times. Camille Vasquez, Depp’s attorney, presented a series of photos of Heard taken shortly after alleged incidents of violence. In the images, Heard did not appear to have bruises or other physical
- Sony Classics acquires ‘All The People I’ll Never Be’ in first major Official Selection deal announced in Canneson May 16, 2022 at 5:16 PM
French-Cambodian filmmaker’s narrative debut feature Diamond Island played Critics’ Week in 2016.
- Cannes’ Thierry Fremaux responds to diversity criticisms of 2022 selectionon May 16, 2022 at 4:30 PM
“It takes time for cinema to come into its own.”
- Cannes ticketing and badge problems causing early headaches for international press, criticson May 16, 2022 at 10:51 AM
International press and critics report being unable to access the Cannes ticketing site this morning.
- “We need a feisty Cannes”: UK sales agents head to festival in high spiritson May 16, 2022 at 8:20 AM
The UK’s top sales execs plan to do things differently, as many return for their first in-person, post-pandemic market.
- The Euro 75: showcasing Europe’s leading independent producerson May 16, 2022 at 7:30 AM
In honour of Cannes’ 75th anniversary, Screen International celebrates 75 independent European production companies flying the flag for film in 2022.
- Marvel Studios News podcast #164 – X-Men, Galactus, and more MCU questions from listeners!by Sean Gerber on May 20, 2020 at 5:31 PM
There may be a shortage of news right now, but there are always plenty of questions surrounding the Marvel Cinematic Universe! How should the X-Men and mutants be added into the MCU? Should Galactus be the next big bad? Is Thor set for another trilogy? What are our favorite moments in each phase of The The post Marvel Studios News podcast #164 – X-Men, Galactus, and more MCU questions from listeners! appeared first on Marvel Studios News.
- Marvel Studios News podcast #163 – Updated MCU slate (again) and a Marvelous Moment with Black Widowby Sean Gerber on May 4, 2020 at 11:36 PM
This week was originally supposed to be our Black Widow spoiler review. That’s been delayed six months, so instead we discuss a “Marvelous Moment” in Avengers: Endgame that provides key perspective for Natasha Romanoff’s stand-alone film. Before that, we discuss the history of Marvel movies in May and look at the latest MCU release calendar! If you The post Marvel Studios News podcast #163 – Updated MCU slate (again) and a Marvelous Moment with Black Widow appeared first on Marvel Studios News.
- Marvel Studios News podcast #162: Marvel Studios can (and should) have a panel without San Diego Comic-Conby Sean Gerber on April 22, 2020 at 8:45 PM
San Diego Comic-Con has officially been canceled. It is the right thing to do and we understand all of the reasons why, but it’s still disappointing. Even so, Marvel Studios has options outside of SDCC and Hall H is the company wants to engage MCU fandom. We discuss Marvel’s virtual panel options on Disney+ (or The post Marvel Studios News podcast #162: Marvel Studios can (and should) have a panel without San Diego Comic-Con appeared first on Marvel Studios News.
- Marvel Studios News podcast #161 – Marvel Studios release dates reshuffledby Sean Gerber on April 8, 2020 at 5:17 PM
Marvel Studios has rearranged several release dates as part of a larger shift on Disney’s slate. We look at the new schedule for Black Widow, The Eternals, Shang-Chi and the Legend of the Ten Rings, Doctor Strange in the Multiverse of Madness, Thor: Love and Thunder, Black Panther 2, and Captain Marvel 2. We also The post Marvel Studios News podcast #161 – Marvel Studios release dates reshuffled appeared first on Marvel Studios News.
- Marvel Studios News podcast #160 – What should Disney do with ‘Black Widow’?by Sean Gerber on April 2, 2020 at 5:38 PM
Disney and Marvel Studios, as of this moment, are still planning to release Black Widow in theaters. That’s the plan right now, but plans always have the potential to change. This week, we explore the different factors Disney may look at and how VOD and Disney+ could, at some point, become a more attractive option, The post Marvel Studios News podcast #160 – What should Disney do with ‘Black Widow’? appeared first on Marvel Studios News.