- Refi rates near historic lows. Lock in and save now!on January 25, 2021 at 5:04 PM
- A BBQ restaurant was on the brink of eviction. Devoted customers came to the rescueon January 25, 2021 at 5:45 PM
The pandemic has been devastating for most small business owners. But for some, it also has brought out the compassion and generosity of their local communities and customers.
- Latest UK lockdown was supposed to bring Covid under control. That's not happeningon January 25, 2021 at 4:13 PM
People in the United Kingdom have been living under lockdown for the past three weeks, hoping their sacrifice would bring the country's latest coronavirus surge -- caused by the new, more contagious variant of the virus -- under control.
- China flies warplanes close to Taiwan in early test of Bidenon January 25, 2021 at 3:24 PM
China dispatched two large formations of warplanes close to the self-governing island of Taiwan over the weekend, presenting a significant foreign policy challenge to new United States President Joe Biden just days into his administration.
- Man survives 18 days lost in Australian bushon January 25, 2021 at 10:48 AM
A man who was missing for two and a half weeks in the Australian bush has been found alive after surviving on mushrooms and dam water, police say.
- Uganda court orders security forces to leave Bobi Wine's homeon January 25, 2021 at 10:29 AM
The Ugandan High Court has lifted the house arrest of Bobi Wine after security forces surrounded the presidential candidate's home for ten days, his lawyer said Monday.
- Pirates kidnap 15 sailors in attack on Turkish container shipon January 25, 2021 at 6:28 AM
Pirates off Nigeria's coast kidnapped 15 sailors from a Turkish container ship on Saturday, in a brazen and violent attack that was farther from shore than usual.
- Rotting fish, lost business and piles of red tape. The reality of Brexit hits Britainon January 23, 2021 at 5:00 AM
Brexit might be done and dusted, but its specter will loom over Britain for a long time yet.
- The town so secret it was wiped from the mapon January 23, 2021 at 3:10 AM
Some call it the ghost town, because for decades it didn't appear on any maps -- a clandestine location that at the height of the Cold War likely concealed a deadly arsenal of nuclear weapons capable of wiping out major Western cities.
- Transportation workers forced to brink of starvation as industry struggleson January 22, 2021 at 3:34 PM
Joseph Palma holds up his work uniform with pride and despair. He hasn't put it on since he was laid off in March. He worked as a customer service agent for Eulen America, a contractor for American Airlines, assisting customs at Miami International Airport.
- Woman who made Bernie Sanders' mittens says she has no more to sellon January 22, 2021 at 2:33 PM
The Vermont school teacher behind the cozy mittens worn by Senator Bernie Sanders during President Joe Biden's inauguration on Wednesday said she's been flooded with requests from people wanting to buy a pair. But they're no longer for sale.
- How airbag jeans and high-tech vests could make motorbikes saferon January 22, 2021 at 1:54 AM
Balanced on two wheels without a protective shell, riding a motorbike is far more dangerous than driving a car. In the United States, for example, motorcyclists are about 28 times as likely as car occupants to die in a crash.
- Meet Ella Emhoff, the US presidential inauguration's breakout fashion staron January 21, 2021 at 7:23 AM
Standing out next to established style icons like Michelle Obama and Lady Gaga was always going to be a tough gig. But on a day of block colors and monochromatic looks, Vice President Kamala Harris' stepdaughter, Ella Emhoff, stole the fashion limelight at Wednesday's presidential inauguration.
- Paris Fashion Week: Watch the shows hereon January 20, 2021 at 9:14 AM
Paris Fashion Week opens its schedule of menswear shows today hot off the heels of neighboring fashion city Milan, which just brought its own fashion week to a close.
- UK 'enormously less attractive' as travel gateway to Europeon January 18, 2021 at 9:04 PM
When the UK Prime Minister addressed the nation on December 20, the news was bad enough: Christmas was canceled.
- He flew to Paris to surprise his girlfriend. Big mistakeon January 18, 2021 at 3:47 PM
When Finlay McAfee boarded a flight from Edinburgh to Paris to surprise his girlfriend Salma, he knew it was a big, romantic gesture.
- China debuts floating train that can speeds to 620 kphon January 18, 2021 at 4:10 AM
China has revealed a prototype for a new high-speed Maglev train that is capable of reaching speeds of 620 kilometers (385 miles) per hour.
- Waldorf Astoria's new Maldives private island costs $80,000 per nighton January 15, 2021 at 2:16 AM
For those with the means, a private island in a tropical destination is the ultimate place to isolate from the global pandemic.
- The tourists who believe travel restrictions don't apply to themon January 12, 2021 at 11:35 AM
As pandemic quarantines go, this might be the best: sprawling on a hotel balcony overlooking azure Caribbean waters as you bake gently in the sun.
- $160M Beverly Hills mansion heads to auctionon January 7, 2021 at 3:08 AM
A 20,000-square-foot mansion in California is up for auction -- and with an asking price of $160 million, it could become the most expensive home ever to go under the hammer.
- Covid: Curfew riots hit Netherlands for third nighton January 25, 2021 at 10:45 PM
Police in several cities in the Netherlands clash again with protesters defying a 21:00 curfew.
- Italian PM Conte to resign following pandemic criticismon January 25, 2021 at 8:44 PM
Mr Conte is hoping to form a new and stronger government after losing a senate majority last week.
- Sarah Huckabee Sanders: The Trump defender enters political raceon January 25, 2021 at 7:03 PM
Known to millions around the world for her staunch defence of Trump, now it's her turn to speak for herself.
- Biden overturns Trump transgender military banon January 25, 2021 at 6:40 PM
President Biden has scrapped a ban which stopped transgender people joining the US military.
- China mine rescue: Nine found dead during rescue in Shandong provinceon January 25, 2021 at 6:31 PM
The discovery comes a day after 11 miners were rescued after two weeks trapped underground.
- Covid vaccines - how will poor countries get them?on January 25, 2021 at 6:07 PM
A scheme to distribute Covid-19 vaccines is under way. Here's what you need to know.
- Black Sea palace not mine, says Putinon January 25, 2021 at 5:43 PM
President Putin denies links to a palace featured in a video by his arch-critic Alexei Navalny.
- Coronavirus in Zimbabwe: Nick Mangwana apologises for 'medical assassins' sluron January 25, 2021 at 5:27 PM
Doctors were furious with the government spokesman's comments about politicians' coronavirus deaths.
- Covid: Facebook suspends Israel PM Netanyahu's chatboton January 25, 2021 at 5:07 PM
The bot asked about people's Covid vaccination status, breaching a policy on private medical data.
- Trump lawyer Rudy Giuliani sued by Dominion voting machine firmon January 25, 2021 at 4:54 PM
Dominion seeks $1.3bn in damages over a campaign claiming its machines switched US election votes.
- Giant panda cub Fu Bao clings on to zookeeper's leg in viral videoon January 25, 2021 at 4:36 PM
Six-month-old Fu Bao, who lives in South Korea, just won't let go of her zookeeper's leg.
- Champ, Major and other White House petson January 25, 2021 at 4:14 PM
President Joe Biden's dogs have arrived at the White House, restarting the tradition of pets there.
- Vietnam War: French court to hear landmark Agent Orange caseon January 25, 2021 at 3:42 PM
It is the first time civilian victims of the highly toxic chemical will have their cases heard.
- Moderna vaccine appears to work against variantson January 25, 2021 at 3:31 PM
Laboratory tests suggest antibodies can recognise and fight the UK and South Africa variants.
- Covid-19: Why the US hasn't hit vaccine targets so faron January 25, 2021 at 3:09 PM
Biden says the vaccine rollout has been a failure, as he pledges 100 million shots in his first 100 days.
- Malka Leifer: Israel extradites ex-principal accused of child sex abuse in Australiaon January 25, 2021 at 11:50 AM
Malka Leifer is being flown to Australia, where she is accused of sexually assaulting schoolgirls.
- Protecting the last wild lions in Africaon January 25, 2021 at 8:04 AM
Photographer George Logan highlights the decline of wild lions using conceptual images.
- Ethiopia's Tigray conflict: 'My wife died giving birth to twins while we hid'on January 25, 2021 at 12:09 AM
A father tells the BBC his tragic story of fleeing the conflict in Ethiopia's Tigray region.
- Zuckerberg's Biden problemon January 25, 2021 at 12:08 AM
President Biden's open dislike of Facebook could spell problems for the social network.
- Lebanon's Coronavirus lockdown: 'We can't leave our homes day or night'on January 25, 2021 at 12:04 AM
People in Lebanon describe the impact of being confined to their homes for 24 hours a day.